Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

MY 2000 LINCOLN V8 WANT CHARGE PUT A NEW ALTERNATOR BATTERY

Customer Question

MY 2000 LINCOLN V8 WANT CHARGE PUT A NEW ALTERNATOR BATTERY AND CHECK THE WIRES WHAT COULD IT BE
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you tell me what you mean by checked wires? did you do voltage test at the alternator? if so I need those readings. also, how do you know it is not charging? is a light on the dash on? or something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The is on in the dash it charge sometime could it be the computer
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** did not answer all my questions, Possible to do so? I am trying to gather as much information as I can in order to help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the wire runnig from the altetmtor and the starter and the battery this problem started after i put a new motor in the car also the battery drain when the alarm is on
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This is all new information, becomes a bit more complex, I will opt out and open t he post to the other experts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the computer be bad
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the new alternator is okay and not defective then it may be a problem with the computer and or the wiring . In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alt%20test%20Oct%2028.pdf