Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic
20625509

2001 Lincoln Navigator coolant leak from back of engine. I

Customer Question

2001 Lincoln Navigator coolant leak from back of engine. I have taken the top part of motor off to get to hoses in the back of engine. I saw a YouTube video saying my engine has a metal hose that runs down middle of engine and connects via a nipple to a rubber hose at that junction there is a nipple that can break off and that is why my coolant leaks. Well I removed my manifold and all I see is a metal hose going from top of motor near alternator to bottom near pullies. I do have to heater hoses that have a T connection. Bottom of tee goes down to when my leak is but I don't think they are the cause. Also now that I took motor apart, I can't pressure test it like I should have from get go
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote a detailed message. You didn't get it ?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you gave a detailed statement. I don't see a question though. Did you want me to just comment on your statement or did you actually want some help with the leak and if so, you should direct a question towards me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there is a leak coming nag from the back of my engine. Do you have any thoughts or direction for me now that I have taken apart the top of my motor and still cannot find the problem? Or should I put it all back together and pressure test until I can better diagnose where the leak is? I was led the believe it was a common problem and an easy fix once I got to the hose.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I would put it back together and pressure test it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. You can get back to me once you pressure test it and see the leak if need be.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.