SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

I have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive and the parking and

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive and the parking and tail lights are not working with the Headlights turned on in either AUTO or standard mode. Brake lights are working.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try and help you the best I can. Please be patient, I need to consult the appropriate wiring diagram and I will get back to you.

after consulting a wiring diagram, there is a lighting control module that controls the lights and it is a known problem with this model. If you have a digital multimeter then I can send you the test to see if the module is the issue.

please let me know

do not rate my service until you are completely done and completely satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send me the test information for the LCM. I do have the necessary tools and equipment on hand to proceed.

1. When the problem is occurring, check the power feeds to the Lighting Control Module (LCM). At C2027 (16 terminal Grey connector) check pin 1 White/Violet (WH/VT) wire and pin 9 Red/Yellow (RD/YE) wire for battery voltage with the key on only. With the key off the wires should show 0v. If any voltage is present, locate and repair the short to power and recheck operation.

2. If OK, check on C2029 (16 terminal Black connector) pin 6 Tan/White (TN/WH), pin 11 Light Green/Yellow (LG/YE) and pin 16 Orange/White (OG/WH) wires for battery voltage at all times. Also check pin 4 and 9 Black (BK) wires for a good ground.

3. If the powers and grounds are good, try to pull codes with a scanner when acting up and address any codes as needed.

4. If all powers and grounds are OK and there are no codes, but the LCM will not turn the headlights off as it should, suspect a LCM failure.

Do you have any more questions? are you completely satisfied? do you want to accept my answer so that I may receive credit for the help I have provided? Please let us know