Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I just had a new ac compressor installed three months ago. I

Customer Question

I just had a new ac compressor installed three months ago. I hear compressor kick on however it is blowing out hot air. Took it back and was told everything fine with the ac. Said the problem is a bender door issue. Gave me three codes B1242, B1265, B2798. Said the heating system is essentially overriding the sc system. Does this sound accurate?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The codes you have listed do indicate a problem with the Air inlet door actuator and if it has failed then it can cause the type of problem you are describing .In most cases if there diagnosis has been properly done replacement of the actuator will resolve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of money are we talking?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

The list price on the actuator is about $85 give or take thrre mark up pulse the labor to install (1.0 hour) pulse there testing fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
approx total cost should be around how much - estimate?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Not knowing on there labor rate for sure I would estimate it to be right at $250 give or take .

Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.