HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2000 ***** ***** ls with hydraulic fan issues. What

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2000 ***** ***** ls with hydraulic fan issues. What is the nominal resistance of the fan pump actuator? I was following a link about this issue and the person kept asking how to check the actuator but was never answered. I am in the middle of checking this at the moment so I ned an answer as quickly as possible. I am reading about 67 ohms. That seems a little high. That only allows about 180 milliamps to drive the coil.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The
fan
never
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

For some reason the model of your Lincoln is blanked out on my end. So I need the model number, or better yet, the 17 digit vin number so that I can be sure I pull up the correct specs you are needing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000 Lincoln LS. The only Lincoln with hydraulic cooling fan. I need the resistance of the fan pump actuator. It is a solenoid.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out. I have gone thru every spec sheet for the cooling system as well as all testing and there is no specification given for resistance of the solenoid. If another expert has it, they will post here

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello do you still need help with this concern?