Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 2001 town car starts up then stalls after just 3-5

Customer Question

my 2001 town car starts up then stalls after just 3-5 seconds of running. an e-vap code is coming up on my check engine light meter. but i only see 2 minute cracks in the fuel filler neck. Would this cause my motor to stall right after starting?. P.S. i had a new fuel pump installed 2 months ago so I dont believe that is the problem....please help !!
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The evap leak wouldn't cause it to start and stall like you describe, not matter how bad the leak was. Can you see if your fuel pump it activating when you first turn the key to the run position? Turn the key to run, just one click before start and you should be able to hear the fuel pump run for 3 or so seconds each time. Can you try this and let me know if you can hear the buzz.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. Also, I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of any assistance. Thanks!