roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

Chuck. I have a 2006 Lincoln Towncar that suddenly has an

Customer Question

Hi Chuck. I have a 2006 Lincoln Towncar that suddenly has an overheating problem. It began the other day when steam started pouring out from under the hood. When I popped the hood, fluid was gushing out of the radiator. The overheating light and the engine light both went on.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

let it cool down and add coolant. it sounds like you have either a failed hose or the radiator has failed. it needs to be pressure tested to confirm the failure. once you identify the failure, then you can replace the part and move forward.

what have you done so far??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to a service station, and the mechanic added a little coolant and water 50/50. He saw no evidence of a leak. He has ordered a replacement temperature control switch I believe.
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

that would not cause the overheating and loss of coolant. the check engine light was on because it was too hot. there is a sensor on the head but it is not defective, it just did its job.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think that if the radiator hose hasn't failed, that the radiator has?
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

that is what a pressure test will tell you. I am here and not there to inspect the failure. a pressure test will reveal the leak.

Roy