Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

2000 Lincoln Continental...can only get air out through the

Customer Question

2000 Lincoln Continental...can only get air out through the window defrost vents regardless of which control button I push...feet only, feet/front, etc. I'm thinking the actuator motor is bad...any way I can confirm?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know if there is vacuum at the vacuum reservoir? (engine running)

.

Also at the vacuum actuator under the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No...where is the vacuum reservoir... how would I check it?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The vacuum reservoir is under the fender liner on the right side. You can test it by applying vacuum to the check valve vacuum hose, (that comes off the intake manifold).

.

There is a test for it.

I can get the test instructions for it and put them in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

.

Any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you sent a response but I can't see it.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Let me post it again. Sorry.

.

There is a test for it.

.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't see your text messages...need to respond via this on-line conversation
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is there vacuum to the reservoir?

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If you want the test for it you will have to accept the additional service, thanks