Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2009 MKS cranks will not start. Must try 3 or 4

Customer Question

2009 MKS cranks will not start. Must try 3 or 4 times.Replaced battery in FOB. That's about it. No check engine light.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay here.

With what you have described here this doesn't sound like a key or key fob issue as this usually keeps the engine from cranking over when its one of these components at fault.What it does sound like and is very common is a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter.This causes either extended cranking or several crank attempts to start the engine when fuel pressure or fuel volume is low.I have had to replace several fuel pumps for this issue here.

The fuel pressure will need to be tested when the vehicle is acting up (which if you do not have the tools to do this,this will have to most likely have to be tested by a shop or someone that does have the correct tools).If the pressure is found to be low the pump (should be at or very close to 65 psi on a test gauge) the fuel pump needs replaced.Looking at the info on this model here the filter should be part of the fuel pump itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.