Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

04 lincoln navigator wont crank after reconnecting car

Customer Question

04 lincoln navigator wont crank after reconnecting car battery
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the key on, is the instrument cluster powered up, is the check engine light on, is the theft light off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know I went out to check and battery was dead again. I am now charging again will let you know later. I left the hood opened for 11 hours after first charge,I assume at this time that is why the battery is dead.

Report back when ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
opened door alarm came on. Turned key to on position, instrument cluster powered up, check engine symbol on, left headlight is on. can not stop alarm have to wait for it to time out. when alarm times out red and blue light remain flashing

There is only one theft light on the vehicle. Since there is a blue light, this indicates there is something aftermarket electronic on the vehicle. A Ford theft system will not sound the alarm when you have a dead battery or swap a battery. Look under the drivers side of the dash for an immobilizer, remote start, or alarm wired in and remove that system. If the theft light continues to flash with the key on, then a diagnostic tool is needed to reprogram 2 keys back to the vehicle.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris