Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic
20625509

I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX with 105,000 miles. When stopped

Customer Question

James, I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX with 105,000 miles. When stopped at stop light can smell burning oil coming in the ac vents. Engine is compartment has thin film of oily residue on everything, was spotless till yesterday. Could it be a oil cooler leak?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is could be leaking almost anywhere. I would get a can of engine cleaner and spray down the engine, then wash it off until it's spotless, then start the engine after making sure the oil level is full, then looking for the very first drip. If and when you find the leak, let me know if you don't know what the item is called or if you don't see any leak at all. Be sure to check the pcv valve for being clogged and stuck, cause if so, it could allow the crankcase pressure to build up so much that it may blow out gaskets.