Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 2005 lincoln towncar. The remote lock-unlock does

Customer Question

i have a 2005 lincoln towncar. The remote lock-unlock does not work. The lock-unlock switches on the front doors do not work. The remote trunk open switch does not work. There is a click coming from the driver's side door each time the door lock is activated but still not working. Fuses appear to be OK
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you hear a click from the drivers door, but none operate, then you have a bad door lock actuator on one of the doors, and this is common, if one of the lock actuators shorts out, then it will drop the voltage to all the locks, most likely the driverside that is bad, you could verify this by disconnecting the drivers side actuator, and seeing if then the others work, we see this alot,Tim