Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Im having trouble separating the fan motors from the fan

Customer Question

Im having trouble separating the fan motors from the fan shroud on a '95 Lincoln continental. I have removed the retaining clips from the back but not sure how to get the motors from the shroud.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The cooling fan motor, blades, and shroud are removed as an assembly once the radiator has been removed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't feel my question has been answered. There are two fan motors mounted in the plastic shroud. I didn't want to replace the whole assembly because it costs over $500. I bought the motors for $200 and am trying to remove just the motors from the shroud. I have removed the clips in the back of each motor but the motors don't release from the shroud. I am thinking there is a trick to releasing the motor from the shroud that I am not familiar with. Was hoping you knew this trick and could share. Thank you! Ray

I can only share what Ford steps there are. Ford has no steps to remove and replace just the motors alone. I can opt out and let you wait on the list to see if another tech has done that and can explain the steps they did.