Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 1996 town car is sitting gh and the check suspension

Customer Question

My 1996 town car is sitting high and the check suspension light comes on after about 5 miles. My mechanic has fitted limo air bags as he could not get true replacements at the time would this cause the problem?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here.I apologize for any delay.

If the air bags that were installed are not the correct fit and do not send the correct ride height sensor signals this will cause the vehicle to sit high like this here as well as the check suspension light to come on.I have seen this done before several times and the correct air bags needed to be installed to correct this here.The Limo bags may be a heavier weight bag made for more weight which will cause the vehicle to sit high in turn causing the sensors for the ride height to see a fault with the height turning on this message here.

I suspect the correct bags will need installed to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.