Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 87 lincoln 7 lsc the problem is even with the

Customer Question

i have a 87 lincoln mark 7 lsc the problem is even with the ignition switch removed the radio stays on the chim for the doors continues to clim also when the ignition switch is in the on postion there is a rapid beeping, thank you
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself as the internal contacts can wear or short out leaving power to components when it shouldn't be.I would have this switch tested to see if this is for sure the cause here and if found to be the fault it will need replaced to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Pete thank you for you responce, i have tried to replace the ignition and lock cylider however i still have the problem, even when the ignition switch is disconnected with the harness hanging free the radio interior lights and the chim is still on
im thinking a short, or does that car get power for the radio though a g.e.m of some type and perhaps its shorted out ,, thank you ill be eager to hear your response
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Looking through my info on this model here I don't see a control module that powers these up.This looks like fused power feeds and if the electronic ignition switch was replaced (not the cylinder for the key but the electronic part of the switch) this can indicate a short in wiring leading to these components here.You may have to have the wiring checked in the dash area to locate any shorts needing repaired to correct this fault.