Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a ford ranger 1992 XLT eat field in Emission function

Customer Question

I have a ford ranger 1992 XLT eat field in Emission function test what is usually the problem with this John G
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what failed when the test was taken and has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in California and we need to do emission tests every two years they plug the vent tube at the motor install A vacuum emission tester at the gas filler neck and run a test it failed Check for codes no found vehicle runs well so mechanics of told me that it could be the filter neck being the problem is this possible John G
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

It is possible if it failing the EVAP pressure test. The best way to determine where its leaking with out replacing a bunch of parts would be to have a smoke test performed. Its a very accurate way to trace and find any EVAP system leaks.