Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

05 aviator locked shifter. does it have manuel release and

Customer Question

05 aviator locked shifter. does it have manuel release and where would I find it. scew is in spring is in place don;t know what fuse to chesk.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

There is not an emergency release of the brake shift interlock on this model. When the shift lock has failed, a replacement shifter is needed. Use the diagram below, can you complete those tests?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris