FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKX with 65,000 miles. This truck is

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKX with 65,000 miles. This truck is acting odd lately, the traction control light flashes from time to time even while standing still. Recently it got worst as all the instrument panel lights go crazy, flashing, even the temp gauge sways side to side. The truck hesitates a little and the A/C stops cooling while this light and gauge problem is happening. What can this be?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Though these symptoms can be caused by any number of things, typically when it occurs at these times it is because of a voltage issue. If the voltage in the system gets low enough from a bad connection at the battery, a failing battery or a failing alternator then this will occur. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We checked the voltage when this occurs and it is normal.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Where was the voltage checked? At the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The voltageon idle was 14.4 while all the above was happening. After some deep googling, I've noticed many mkx / Edge owners are having this same issue. They say that the culprit was almost always a bad throtle body. Do you think that a Tbody can cause all these symptoms?
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Yes it can, but that will usually set a code for the TPS. I would try cleaning the throttle body to see if it helps. If the throttle is very dirty then this will occur.