Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 94 town car has begun shutting down sometimes when I come

Customer Question

My 94 town car has begun shutting down sometimes when I come to a stop light or just driving down the road, the gauges on the dash go on and/or flash, lie "antilock brakes" and other flashing warnings, then again the engine just shuts down. It starts right up again but at this point I am concerned about reliability. I know that someone has unplugged the EGR valve and plugged the vacuum line that connects to it. Is it wires, coil packs, intake air control, gas filter??????
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component that can cause this fault here and can be intermittent is the crank position sensor itself.I have seen this sensor act up like this on several models in the past before needing replaced and your engine is equipped with this sensor.It can be intermittent like this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will give feedback when I swap out the crank sensor as you suggested. why would I give feedback and a rating without first trying the advise you offered? anyone can guess at this stuff, throw darts at a dart board for an answer and collect a few bucks doing so. I don't think this web sight is worth the salt it boasts. I am fixing the sensor on wednesday and I will give feedback thereabouts.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.You can rate when you are ready as there is no hurry.You must have received an automated email on rating me.No need to rate until you feel satisfied.

Thanks Pete