Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Lincoln Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

On my 2005 Navigator I hear what sounds like air compressor

Customer Question

On my 2005 Navigator I hear what sounds like air compressor running while normal driving, wondering if this is an early warning trouble is ahead? I have 105,000 miles on it, how long does air supension last?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if the suspension compressor is running more than usual it means there is a small air leak in one of the lines.

Finding it isnt easy but you can use a spray bottle with soapy wwater and spray it on all the lines from the compressor to each corner of the vehicle where the struts are located. These are tough suspension systems and last a long time but like anything else it can develope a small leak which will cause the comp to run more than usual/

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!

Your question does not close after you rate.

Thank you.

Larry