Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

01 Lincoln ls v8 throwing hvac codes 12-61 19-67 16-76

Customer Question

01 Lincoln ls v8 throwing hvac codes 12-61
19-67
16-76
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The first code for the solar sensor, is common but not all that important to diagnose. The last code is for battery voltage low, also a common code that can occur at any time the battery voltage went less than 10 volts. I would stick with diagnosing the discharge temp sensor code. See the diag steps for both the first and 2nd codes below.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You sent what to do two sensors but I have no idea where the centers are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea where the sensors are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have the time now to mess with the car if you get back to me we really appreciate it thank you

The sunload sensor is at the base of the windshield in the top of the dash accessed by gently popping up and off the top of the dash.

The RH air discharge air temp sensor is above the front passengers left foot near the left glove box hinge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have part numbers for these and as for the battery problem should I just go ahead and replace the battery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have to remove the glove box to get to that sensor

Sorry I do not have the part numbers. I have a Ford tech login, not a parts person login. If the battery is weak, worn out, and old then yes replacing it would be a good step. We see the battery voltage code so often, it normally results in no repair needed. No the glove box is not removed to get to the sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture of the sensor because I cannot find it and you said it's on Passenger side closest to the driver

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question will any of the sensors caused the compressor not to kick in

Yes, any sensor faulty on the HVAC system can cause the compressor not to run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which sensor is it is it the bubble looking one or the one that blinks the red light on the dash

The red light is the theft light. The bubble is the auto lamp sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced all sensors and battery still popping up those three codes

When you did the diag steps did the conclusion in those tests confirm the sensors were to blame, not the wiring nor module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sensors were bad
Unplug the battery plug it back in now popping just these codes
12-51
12-59
12-61
12-67
12-64
12-63
12-62
12-65
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok went back to the dealer got a new sensor now is just growing 12–59

Accept the invite for extended service and I can attach more files for this new code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for the service why do I have to pay more money

Because I have reached my file upload limit. I have been paid nothing, you have to rate to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I rate you means I am pleased with the answers are giving me which I am but I'm still having problems

Rating does not close the post. I have to follow the rules the website has for the techs that work here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Website says when finish you must rate at the top to credit the expert and I'm not finished

The original question you asked "01 Lincoln ls v8 throwing hvac codes 12-61 19-67 16-76" That is the only one I am allowed to address.

You now have new codes and concerns. So for me to be allowed to address those the original issue has to be rated and or extended service accepted.

If you do not want to compensate me, I can opt out and get you back on the waiting list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not happy with this outcome requesting a refund

Contact the website to do that. Thanks for letting me try to help you.