Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2004 Navigator stuck in Lowe's parking lot on Saturday

Customer Question

2004 Navigator stuck in Lowe's parking lot on Saturday afternoon in VERY small Texas town and Nav won't crank and also the shift lever is stuck in park unless I depress the brake, but it still won't crank under any conditions
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the key on the theft light should not be flashing as long as there is no PATS issue.

With the key on the check engine light should be on if the PCM is powering up.

See if it will crank in neutral, if so then there is a transmission TR sensor or shifter linkage issue.

Remove the starter relay under the dash. Pin 30 should be power, pin 86 should be power when trying to start from the ignition switch and TR sensor, pin 85 should be ground from the PCM, monitoring the PATS system.

If you turn the key on, it should crank when briefly jumping pins 30 and 87 and possibly start.

Let me know these results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris