Amedee
Amedee, Lincoln Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I change the fuel pump and crankshaft positon sensor on a

Customer Question

I change the fuel pump and crankshaft positon sensor on a 2000 Lincoln Navigator 5.4 but truck turn over but wont start.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can asssit you with your question. Does the engine have spark when cranking it over? If so, does it run on starting fluid? If the engine does not have fuel pressure even with the new fuel pump installed, maybe you are missing power to the fuel pump. Have you checked for power to the pump? Also, check to ensure that the check engine light comes on with the key on for a bulb check. This will ensure that the computer is awake. In addition, also be sure that the check engine light goes off while cranking it over. Good luck and let me know what you find! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amedee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No spark
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Does it go off while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stay on I had the code reader and said the EGR value bad
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the check engine light stays on when cranking the engine over, then PCM does not recognize engine rpm. This is usually just a bad crankshaft position sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replace that and still won't start
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok then the problem is most likely goo to be a wiring issue between the crank sensor and PCM or a bad PCM.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.