Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 2004 aviator, i just replaced my pcm that was bad,

Customer Question

I have a 2004 aviator, i just replaced my pcm that was bad, fixed the rough running motor but now my front vents blow no air. I do not even have 12 volts going to fan motor
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

When the PCM was replaced was it programmed and set up for your vehicle?If not this will need done.If it was already let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was, it was flashed at the factory and I installed it, the truck cranks and runs and all just no air out of front vents
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the old PCM and if so if it is installed does the blower then work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i turned it in for a core or had to pay 100 bucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting nowhere quick here lol
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize i was hoping you may have had it still to try it out real quick

Was anything else done on the vehicle before the blower quit on you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Pete, could we please get to some troubleshooting here.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Below in the link is a diagram for your blower motor.Lets start at the relay.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When the key is on or engine running when you switch on the heater or ac and blower does this relay click at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sitting in drivers seat I can hear a relay click when I turn on the ac without the motor running, with motor running i would not be able to hear it even if it did click.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do, i checked one plug at bottom of motor, no voltage
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Lets test at the relay so we can see what signals are present and which are not.

If you remove the relay (keeping in mind which way it is installed) you will see four terminals the relay plugged into.Test these terminals for the signals below and let me know what you come up with.

One terminal should have power (at or near 12 volts) with key on or off

One terminal should have a ground at all times key on or off

One terminal should have power only with the key on or engine running with the blower turned on

Let me know what you come up with here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i removed the plug from relay there was a red and blue and white wire, and a vacuum line. the relay body cannot be tested with my meter because the holes are too small to put the points of meter probe in, I did check all the wires and none of those have any voltage at any time
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In your battery junction box fuse panel locate the 40 amp fuse number 36 and see if this fuse is good.If it is blown it needs replaced.This feeds the relay power at all times key on or off on the gray wire with red stripe at the relay.It may be your red wire as it may have a gray stripe on it.But I don't see the color wires you are speaking of according to the diagram on this model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse 36 is good, i took another 40 amp fuse I knew to be good and tried that, did not make a difference
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

But you have no power to the relay is this correct on any wire with the key on or engine running?

Does the fuse have power going into it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is 12 volts going in the fuse 36, i checked all the 4 wire plug ins around the blower motor and none had 12 volts
I also have a vacuum tee that is not hooked up on one leg of the tee and it sucks air when motor is running
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,my diagram info isn't matching up with your model here.I will have to see if anyone else here can help further with this that may have better info to work with.I apologize for this but I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what I paid for, a non-expert with the wrong diagrams,,,,really
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** can help you with this if you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do but today I am work and not near vehicle
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
when would be a good time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Monday around 830 am.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I will be on about 9 am,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.