Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I just bought a 2009 Navigator it has 122,000km on it. It

Customer Question

I just bought a 2009 Navigator it has 122,000km on it. It has intermittent shaking and diesel truck type sound when it has been idling in traffic. This has happened 4 times since I got the car. The engine light just came on this last time. The dealership just spent an hour on it and said they would like to charge me for another hour and a half to take a look at the cam shaft. I have looked at other posts and this is not an uncommon problem with the rough idling and shaking but no one has mentioned what it is. Can you give an educated guess?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ym1agqcbj0desk/Rattle%20ruff%20idle%20bulletin.pdf?dl=0

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks