Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2000 lincoln ls 3.9l.When I bought it it was

Customer Question

I have a 2000 lincoln ls 3.9l.When I bought it it was throwing cam position code.I replaced sensor and had code erased but did not help.A diagnostic test showed it misfiring on two cylinders on driver side bank and timing getting way out of wack the faster the engine revved.Can bad coils cause this or has the timing chain the issue,have excellent compression in all cylinders and all are the same within 5 psi.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The coils or plugs can cause a misfire though a misfire nor the coils can cause a cam code, that would be the cam sensor or wiring, or cam tone ring to blame. The computer uses this signal to know when to pulse the fuel injectors.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris