Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech with 35 years experience
36867192

I Have a 2002 Lincoln Continental. I have put two sets of

Customer Question

I Have a 2002 Lincoln Continental. I have put two sets of brake rotors on the front and I continue to feel when braking like the rotors are out of round. The last set of rotors were cross drilled and slotted rotors on all four wheels. Yet these rotors
have also gone out of round when braking, but only in the front. If you depress the brakes as going down a steep hill they vibrate extreme. I have also been told that when tire shops rotate the tires they can over tighten lug nuts which can cause distortion
on the brake rotors. I do not want to put any more money into the brakes unless this can be resolved. This Lincoln is really in good shape through out but this brake issue is perplexing,
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Actually, your problem may not be the brakes, if the rotors are still true, and not warped by sticking calipers, then the issue may be your tie rod ends have excessive movement or play in them causing the instability when braking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inter tie rods were recently replaced because of tire wear. Everything seems tight on the steering issue. It could be the cross-drilled and slotted rotors have warped again, but I am not willing to replace them again if this problem is to continue. I need to check to see if they have warped again. I have been told sometimes you have to go back to original equipment rotors to stop this problem.
No actually the problem will either be faulty calipers or brake hoses leading to the caliper, rotors do not warp on their own, excessive heat causes rotors to warp.Excessive heat is generated when the calipers do not retract properly after brake application.