Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Chuck, I have a 2000 Lincoln Continental that my two

Customer Question

Chuck,
I have a 2000 Lincoln Continental that my two daughters use for college in Gainesville, Fl. They have not had AC for about a year. I think that the components are OK. When you put it on cool, there is a clicking sound so I suspect the blend door acuator is not working properly. I know nothing about cars but I have read about it on line. My mechanic is willing to put the door in the cool position so the heat would not work, but in Florida who cares. Is this an extensive job on this car? How about labor costs on fixing it completely.
Thank you,
Mark
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I assume someone has turned the AC on and verified the evaporator lines are freezing cold meaning the evaporator is cold and the blend door is inoperative from a door or actuator failure. To get to the blend door or its actuator, the dash has to be removed, unless the HVAC box is damaged than rigged back with tape and epoxy. If the dash is going to be removed the correct repair mine as well be done. That is about 8 hours total in labor to fix this.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris