Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lurch I have a 2003 Lincoln TC Signature. My driver side

Customer Question

Lurch I have a 2003 Lincoln TC Signature. My driver side seat has no motor power, no lumbar tilt motor power, no power to adjust the passenger & driver side mirrors, no power to adjust the pedals. Fuses under the hood are showing good. In the passenger compartment fuse panel these fuses are not blown but have no power. 28,20,22,24,26
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

This is a memory module issue of the DDM drivers door module. Can you perform the steps below?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
I will have to perform these checks tonight or tomorrow. I had already determined the fuses I had mentioned in my original question do work when brake pedal is depressed, or rear defroster on etc. I thought this issues was going to be the drivers memory seat module under the seat. I see you think it is the drivers door module in the door. If it is the drivers door module would the following still work key pad entry, door locks, trunk lid release button, illumination light to the heated seat and memory selector . All these things work. The heated seat and memory selector don't actually work just the light. If is buy a used DDM would it work or do I need a Lincoln dealer to download something? Same question for a Drivers Memory Seat Module. Until I saw your DDM answer I was just about ready to buy a DSM used and try. This started happening one day right after I unhooked the battery under the hood.
Thanks Alicia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I said DSM in the above response I am referring to the Drivers Memory Seat Module underneath the seat not the motor.

Any module replacement does require scan tool programming. It can be the DSM, your symptoms point more towards the DDM to blame which is why I posted the DDM diag steps for inoperable memory seat. With a scan tool we could bypass some of these tests, but without we have to do all these electrical tests.