Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

06 lincoln towncar limousine. 6 dtc's Po135 Po141 Po155

Customer Question

06 lincoln towncar limousine. 6 dtc's
Po135
Po141
Po155
Po161
Po403
Po443
The air conditioning usually works great but lately when it is running for a while it starts blowing warm air and has died coming to a slow down 4 times now. It runs great but when the AC clutch shuts off (when it's blowing warm air, mostly city driving or idling) it stumbles a little. One day after it died coming to a stop (starts right back up again) I brought it home opened the hood, AC was warm I saw the AC clutch was not running and while I was looking at it I heard a click on passenger side and it died. I will also mention that on the freeway it gets ice cold, it is full of freon, and the condenser fan is working. I would normally think bad compressor but it works, I'm thinking possible electrical issue.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I failed to mention......
While I was standing there looking at AC compressor the clutch was not running like it should have been, and as soon as the clutch turned ON, that's when it died
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says we will always get an answer within a day, it has been 4 days. I'm seeing that just answer has no answers
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be due to a fault with the engine computer itself needing replaced.I have seen this computer fail in the past before needing replaced and causing electrical faults like this here.I would have this diagnosed further following diagnosis on the first code that sets with this fault to pinpoint the cause.
Thanks Pete