Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Have 1998 Continental 100.000 miles well kept and runs well.

Customer Question

Have 1998 Continental 100.000 miles well kept and runs well. Suddenly went to cranking OK but not starting until the 3rd or 4th attempt. Also seems temperature sensitive (ambient)
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing could very well be due to the fuel pump loosing its prime. The fuel pump has a built in check valve that keep the pressure up on the first turn of the key so it holds steady. The place to start would be to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure . Normal fuel pressure should be right at 45 yo 60 PSI and hold steady at least to 45 PSI on the first turn of the key. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to get this resolved.