Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2000 Lincoln. It's currently Dead No power no light

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lincoln. It's currently Dead No power no light no dash indicators. I recently replaced the battery Brand New. Before replacing it, the car wouldn't start. That Battery was about 6 years old. I hooked up my portable Battery jumper/charger the dome lights come on but not enough to turn the engine over. I put the new battery in the car ran fine for about a week. Now the car is dead again. This time I hook the portable jumper/charger and nothing comes on. The I can test the battery with jumper/charger and it reads as if the battery is dead but the charger if fully green. Something is draining the battery and at this point, I don't even get the dome light or trunk light when I hook up the jumper/charger. What could be wrong? Alternator? A Short? I would like to get an idea before towing it to a shop.
Thanks
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to do any diag using a digital volt ohm meter? A good battery will have 12.6 volts. A battery getting correctly charged while running will have 13-15 volts. Can you open and follow the battery draw steps in the file below?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris