Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS. it's completely dead. I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS. it's completely dead. I have a portable battery charger that you can use to jump a dean battery. When I hook it up to the batter I get nothing not lights no dash display nothing. I recently replaced the battery the old batter suddenly died but it was at least 6 or 7 years old so I didn't think anything of it. The car ran fine for a week and it died and that's current state. Any ideas
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Do you own a volt meter, if so what is the voltage on the battery posts and battery cables, and do they match? A good battery will have 12.6 volts. Next to the battery do those fuses have the same voltage? Currently its looking like a wire break between the battery and chassis or the battery and the fuse boxes. A little more information and tests and I can start piecing this together.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris