Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

How do I remove the wiper arms from 2005 Lincoln town car so

Customer Question

How do I remove the wiper arms from 2005 Lincoln town car so I can get to the motor?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Once the wiper arm mount nut has been removed, lift the blade end off the windshield and pull up on the base of the arm. If the arm does not pop itself off easily, you will need a special tool to separate the arm. You can use a battery terminal puller tool. Put one arm of the tool on either side of the base and line up the middle of the tool to the wiper arm stud. Crank the tool handle and the tool will press the arm up and off. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that does not work

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Try grasping right at the flexed area of the arm, and pull up and push down with a lot of force to loosen the arm from the shaft afte the nut has been removed. I rarely need a battery terminal puller. Let me know what happens.