Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Driveline for over 30 years
1609972

Lincoln mark 8: have a mark 8, lost keys, deaerlship says made

Customer Question

have a mark 8, lost keys, deaerlship says made key but needs modler. they are unabele to
fine part, can you help ?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dealership say car can not be fixed becaouse cannot fine part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.do you have module part number & which module you are referring to?.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to get the module part number and which module they say they need. They say need this module to make keys work that they have made. Is this a correct way to fix the problem when you
(they) made new keys.
.
IF the PATS (passive anti theft system) Module is bad, then the New Keys will NOT work.
But if the vehicle was Starting & Running before the New Keys, then I would question "why" they need a New Module?
IF the vehicle was Starting & Running before you "lost" your keys, then it appears the Dealer may not know how to Program or the New Keys are the "wrong" Keys.
Please let me know what Module they are referring to.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will get back to you tomorrow after checking this out.
thank you...........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dealer saying cannot find the type of key that they can make one for this car. Mark 8, lost keys. they have tried to find a key to program to start this car. do you know where you might find the key they need to program to start this car. thank you
Not sure why the Dealer is not able to find, as these keys are all over the Internetsee the URL's belowhttp://www.amazon.com/1998-LINCOLN-MARK-VIII-KEY/dp/B001EP4MTUhttp://www.amazingkeys.com/product/1998-lincoln-mark-viii-pats-transponder-ignition-chip-key-blank-98There is nothing strange about this type KeyYou may want to try a Mobile Locksmith or another Ford Dealer.