Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I am buying a 2004 navigator with 200,000 miles on it. Is this

Customer Question

I am buying a 2004 navigator with 200,000 miles on it. Is this too risky? I am a single mom with two daughters and need it to last me at least a year
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for you question, Unfortunately because you are a single mom and not likely wanting to do repairs I would be very careful of purchasing this one with as many miles on it as it way past the point of needing major maintainence . That being said, if the price is right and it seams to run okay I would at least have it checked over by a trusted mechanic before you even consider doing this deal. Post back with any other information you need and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$2500 which is a good deal. I just don't want it to break down right after purchasing it
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
I would agree $2500 is a very good deal but to be sure, but to be sure its still got life left in it I would insist on haveing a pre-purchase inspection done on it by a trusted mechanic just so you do not end up with any suprises after the fact. If it passes inspection then for sure its a good deal.