Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln Navigator: , Kenny. My 98 Navigator won't start.

Customer Question

Hi, Kenny. My 98 Navigator won't start. Theft light flashes, all idiot lights are lit, and outside temp reads 125°. About a year ago, when I pressed the brake pedal for a stop sign, the radio searched for another station, and did so every stop til I got home, but has never done that again. The brakes also occasionally at idle / low speed, kick back against me like antilock is freaking out. It really only happens when coming to a stop while turning to the right. I've included all of this because I suspect it's all related. Possibly the brain / ecm?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Is the theft light flashing rapid with the key on?We are only allowed to address one concern per post, I assume the no start is the one you want to address on this question.
If the light is flashing with the key on then you need to have both keys reprogrammed to the vehicle with a diagnostic tool You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris