A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Lincoln Navigator Ultimate: Im having an issue with the air

Customer Question

Im having an issue with the air ride system on my 2007 Navi Ultimate. Normally when I start it, it would lift righy away and drive wherever. Now it will not lift. I here the compressor come on but a "hissing noise" from the left front. I want to assume that it's only a hose that needs replacing but by not knowing about that type of vehicle issue it could be something more.
Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The year is actually 2006
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
The hissing noise is coming from a bro***** *****ne coupling which is located on the drivers front fender under the hood. Look down on the inner fender well for the hissing noise. Ford sells the couplers for about $20.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though the coupling is on the driver side front, the hissing noise is coming from the passenger side front. I just want to make sure before I purchase parts.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Just need to clarify where the hissing noise is coming from. Your original statement states a "hissing noise" from the left front. We refer to the left front as the drivers side front. Like the left front tire is the drivers front tire. Now you state it is coming from the Passenger side front which we all the right front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so...if I'm standing in front looking at my Navi, the hissing noise is coming from the left front.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Check the lines at the compressor and the drier behind the passenger side head light..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to my work schedule I haven't been able to check a you stated last. I will do so tomorrow and get back to you asap.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Thank you for keeping in touch. Just reply back when you can I'll get an email when you do. I work at a dealership during the day. If I get time, I'll reply back. But if not, it won't be till the evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way I could send you a video?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
You could try posting it on youtube and sending me the link. I think there is a way you can make it secure, but I do not know off hand.