Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2007 lincoln mark lt (basically an f150), it is giving

Customer Question

I have a 2007 lincoln mark lt (basically an f150), it is giving me a check engine light with a "reduced engine power" message and overheating with a "clicking" sound. Any ideas?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Check engine light, we need to get it scanned and I need the code to diagnose that, can be related to the overheating.Reduced engine power, can be related to the overheating, or the throttle body stickingOverheating, is most often caused by a sticking thermostat, but can be from low coolant, fan, headgaskets, or worn water pump.Noises, can you go into more detail, like where it seems to be coming from? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris