Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My truck engine light came on. Hooked it up to a diagnostic

Customer Question

My truck engine light came on. Hooked it up to a diagnostic test. Said a cylinder was misfiring? I am not sure what that means? Is that an expensive fix or a relatively easy fix of swapping a part? The truck has been running rough when accelerating speeds.
2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** usually means you have a bad ignition coil which is around $250 repair at a shop. To fix yourself you will want to check codes to see what cylinder is misfiring, swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire follows coil and if so replace coil. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.