Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

Lincoln Continental: Kenny, I have a 99 continental and replaced

Customer Question

Kenny, I have a 99 continental and replaced the cat's about 17,000 miles ago. I was driving recently and suddenly lost power like I did the first time when the cats failed. I discovered that the DPFE sensor had been melted and blew off the vaccum line. I replaced that but it seems like there is still a lack of power. I put about 1200 miles a week on this thing and don't want to be stuck out in the boondocks again. I did run some Cataclean through the tank and it seemed to help but I am wondering if the bad DPFE has damaged the new cats? can you give me some direction to start looking? Thanks
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.
It sounds like the cats are plugged again. Usually a melted DPFE is a clear indicator of restricted exhaust, the exhaust backs up and melts the DPFE.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!