Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Heyy! i have a 1970 lincoln mark III, i need to detach the

Customer Question

heyy! i have a 1970 lincoln mark III, i need to detach the fuse for the horn because its faulty right now and i need to clean the rim horn. however until i do that the horn is always on and it is killing my battery as well as pissing off my neighbors. my problem is that i really dont know what fuse is which
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, I tried looking for an owners manual and /or fuse box diagram ,but couldn't find one in my data .what I would do is either pull each fuse in the fuse box -one by one -putting the fuse back as you go along ,until the horn went off or the best thing to do is just disconnect the neg battery terminal.Or you could pull the connectors off the horn itself ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just need to be able to drive it until i get around to cleaning the rim horn, which i will do eventually, so detaching the battery sorta defeats that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this isnt helping me like at all.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
Well, I would actually disconnect the connectors to the horns ,as I remember the hornand lighter and or dome lights were all tied into the same hot circuit.I am trying to help you and I
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i appriciate it! do you know where the hot circuit is?
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
sorry about the same posts the internet here is doing funny things I really think that just disconnecting the horns would be the best way to do that ,I was looking up a few things here and I believe that the stop lights also tie into that circuit
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
there is circuit breakers I believe around the glove box ,it shows a 30 amp circuit breaker for the power seats and horns ..jazzmaster ..