Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln Continental: I have an 01 Continental with a bad 4.6

Customer Question

I have an 01 Continental with a bad 4.6 engine, do you know if it would be possible to swap and eng. out of an 02 into it?
Thanks
Russell
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The 2001 and 2002 4.6 should be the same engine and both should fit with no issues. If you need removal steps please post back and I can send them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ronnie, I am good with R and R just didn't know if there where any differences to be concerned with, the interchange I looked at only called for 2000 or 2001.... I have seen the interchange say it would not fit due to something as simple as the coolant temp sensor being the same but also know there could be more significant differences and I could not find any info.... On your word I am going to pick up an eng out of an 2002 to put in my 2001.... Thanks again
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of any changes . If any it may be you will need to use the intake off of the older engine. If you buying the engine from a salvage yard they should also have interchange information just o be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ronnie, interchange says 2000 and 2001, that's why I need the help of an expert.... Someone who knows the changes made between 2001 and 2002, obviously there must have been something or interchange wouldn't limit it, just need to know If it is something simple or do I have to tear the engine apart to change out parts. Thanks again and if you are not sure or can't find out please just let me know
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Im not aware of any changes but I may be wrong. If you would like I can open the question back up and see if anybody else can double check it before you actually buy the engine to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do thanks
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
DOing so now, please don't post back to me as it will lock the question to me as it locks the question to me and others can not help.