Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

LINCOLN TOWN CAR: NEED HELP WITH A 1995 TOWN CAR BLOWING HOT

Customer Question

NEED HELP WITH A 1995 TOWN CAR BLOWING HOT AIR. COMPRESSOR NOT KICKING IN. GOT NEW ATC CONTROL HEAD AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RAN DIAG AND GOT CODES 125 AND 115
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Start first with making sure the system is full of freon, normal pressure readings on a full system with the compressor of need to be right at 100 to 110 PSI on both the low side and the high side. If the system is full then check the fuses 18, 7 and 1 in the interior fuse panel. If the fuse checks okay the run the pinpoint test enclosed in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20test%20Jul%2010.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE CHECKED ALL THAT YOU SUGGESTED. I HAVE A NEW CONTROL HEAD ASSY. RAN DIAG. AND GOT CODES 125 AND 115.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
I'm not finding any listing for these codes, do you have power out of the controller at the low pressure cycling switch with the AC on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO POWER. ONE CODE WAS FOR ECT SENSOR AND THE OTHER CODE WAS FOR SPEED SENSOR
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
These code should have no effect on the AC, did you run the test steps I sent you in the link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AT WORK NOW. WILL TRY WHEN I GET HOME. THANKS
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Okay Im here if you need me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DO HAVE POWER TO THE CYCLING SWITCH, THE ONE THAT SCREWS IN THE LINE COMING OFF THE DRYER. NOW WHAT?? THANKS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DID YOU SEE MY LAST QUESTION???? I CAN CROSS WIRES AT CYCLING SWITCH AND THE COMP COMES ON. NOW WHAT??? THANKS