Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln mark 8: 1993 mark 8, cranks strong, no start, new battery,

Customer Question

1993 mark 8, cranks strong, no start, new battery, good on fuel pump and tune up
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, good injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) and good compression. In order to determine why the engine will not start you need to check each one of these thing. If you can do this and post back with the results of which one you are lacking we can work from there to get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ronnie,for 3 days the 93 mark 8 would not start ,but today [with the seatbelt closed] it started right up ! Do you think the main computer is in question? what do you think about this , no start for 3 days , then no more problem?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
The seat belt would have no control over the engine not starting. The computer may be the problem but before you consider that being the case you need to perform the steps I sent you when it will not start. If that takes a few day I will be here, let me know and we can work from there.