Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lincoln LS (LSE): Mat,I've got a 2005 Lincoln LSE [3.9

Customer Question

Hi Mat,
I've got a 2005 Lincoln LSE [3.9 liter V8]. For the last 3 days there is a loud whine coming thru the rear speakers when the air is on (turns into a 'gurgling' noise when fan is turned off; turning car off and back on solved it day1, not anymore), with and without A/C, and with and without radio on. whine volume corresponds to fan speed [faster=louder]. The 2nd noise sounds deceptively like liquid/air gurgling, but cuts off instantly when ignition is cut off, as in when i open the door. Thanks
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a ground issue with a poor ground for the radio itself or any sound amplifier that may be installed.I would have the grounds checked to see if a ground issue is found and repaired if a fault is found.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have that checked. It started right after service for sway bars, 4 brakes and rear coils ($2300), which doesn't sound related at all, but I'll go back to them for a look. I took a look in the trunk around the battery and all connections are clean and secure, so it must be somewhere less obvious. I'm thinking it's the amplifier [everything is stock for the LSE, with the THX sound package]. To 'clean up' my original description, there's a loud hum heard in back speakers whenever ignition is on; also, interference gets worse when using fan, power windows and wipers. Turning down the rear speakers does not help at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
This does sound like a ground issue.If you can I would have the work re checked for any loose or damaged or missing grounds.
Thanks Pete