Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lincoln LS: 1☆) Symptoms•Car will only rev up when warm

Customer Question

i have a 2001 lincoln ls v6 133k and im having problems Symptoms

•Car will only rev up when warm (200°+)

•po174, po171

•cut off at when idling to long

•catalytic converter glows red

• check engine light won't come on

Watch "2001 lincoln ls v6 133k" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/JzIz-ufHeB4
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Even though you cleaned the mass air flow sensor there is a good chance this sensor is sending a false signal causing this here.I have seen these faulty before and had to replace it.Test the fuel pump pressure to make sure it isn't low at all.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is my fuel pressure test https://youtu.be/L90

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately your upload isn't working.Can you re check and repost it?
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is my fuel pressure test this https://youtu.be/L90aXSwPdJg

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your minimum pressure should be 35 psi which yours is jumping around at 28 to 34.This looks to be to low and the pressure shouldn't jump around like this here unless there is a fuel pump issue or fuel pressure regulator issue.It looks like on this model the regulator is part of the fuel pump.It looks like your pump may be the cause here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok how would i replace the fuel pump regulator

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump assembly is located and can be accessed from under the rear seat bottom.This does require a special tool tool number 310-069 to release the lock that holds the pump in the tank.The fuel tank also needs drained most of the way to replace the pump.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok i will replace the pump and will let you know of my results

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,let me know what you come up with here.One other thing if your check engine light is not coming on but you have fault codes set for a lean condition this may be an internal engine computer fault as well so if the pump does not fully correct the issue this may be the computer needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just replace the fuel pump and no change. I did notice i was getting 5v out of the ground wire is that normal

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is this a positive voltage and was this at the fuel pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i use my multimeter I stuck the red lead into the black ground wire and got 5v from the fuel pump

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Trace the ground wire and see if you locate this wire with any shorts in it to other wiring as this will cause an issue here and let me know if you come up with anything.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram i can follow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is the fuel pump grounded at