A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I'm Danny I have 2006 linclon all wheel drive zephyr I have

Customer Question

hi i'm Danny I have 2006 linclon all wheel drive zephyr I have loosed the alternator but I can't get out from underneath the car to put the new on
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Fords shop manual states to remove the AC compressor to get the alternator out. We have found it easier to remove the cooling fans. Then use a floor jack to hold the engine up on the oil pan and remove the engine mount by the serpentine belt and jack the engine up and position it towards the firewall to get the alternator out.