tims auto repair
tims auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

I have a 1979 lincoln mark v the brakes keep sticking and locking.

Customer Question

i have a 1979 lincoln mark v the brakes keep sticking and locking. i stop and wait a few mins and then they release. i have new master cyl. and new hydro boost. please help.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
what brake is locking?
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all four brakes get stuck then after car sits for a little bit they release
i wouldnt think all 4 would be locking...are you sure?
you sure it is all 4?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it feels like all four get stuck, it seemed all wheels were smoking and the brake pedal gets rock solid until they release on there own.
ok..the common thing that will cause this is the rubber brake hoses that connect to the calipers,,they may have debries in the lines or the will just colapse on the inside and work like a check valve not letting the fluid to return back to the resivoir quickly,...i would think you will need to replace the rubber brake hosesthanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am positive that it is all 4
ok,,replace the brake hoses,,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank u, are the fronts and rears rubber. i just had a guy change the hydro boost and the master cylander. do u think the debris may come out if i bleed brakes
sorry,i have been off line..i would think it is that the lines may be collapsed on the inside,,you may need to replace them,but,do try bleeding them firstthanks