Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln Continental: If I turned on my after market car

Customer Question

If I turned on my after market car stereo without the ground wire and my lights came on with no display Doe that mean its fried

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the stereo is not connected to ground it really should not turn on. In order for the unit to work correctly you need power and ground to it. If you are sure you have power and ground and it dose not turn on then yes its likely fried. Check the power and ground first to be sure you have them. Post back if you need more help and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replace my old broken stereo that had lights but no display.. Brand new stereo hook up and no display of numbers or anything.. But lights are on.. What do i do

Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
John, are you able to verify you have power and ground at the radio? Take a look at the enclosed wiring diagram in the link below, it will show you the power wires as well as the ground. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Radio%20Jul%202.pdf